This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, June 21, 2023. 8All 9members of the Council were present in the Council Chambers.
- The appointments to the Community Preservation Committee were approved. 6 were reappointed to a new term. One new member representing the Planning Board was made. Two existing members terms did not expire this year and will continue
- Downtown parking bylaw was adjusted for anew start time to account for a change in the MBTA schedule as well as the overnight parking restriction changed for Fri-Sat nights to allow for the late hours of Teddie Gallagher's. Modified bylaw moved to 2nd reading as amended
- 3 resolutions closed out the accounting transactions for the FY 2023 fiscal year for this time. The MECC fund which was reallocated to be part of the school adjustment effectively regained what it 'lost' as there were excess funds that needed to accounted for
- A resolution to clean up some house keeping for the land swap with the State was approved. There was not material fund impact, the funds had already been approved in prior years, the text of the measure needed to be adjusted as requested by the State to better account for their process and records
- 2 bylaws were referred to the Planning Board, both had come forward from the recent Economic Development committee meeting; one to adjust the marijuana overlay district maps, two to allow for reduce impervious coverage in general residential 5 zoning
- new Deputy Town Administrator Amy M. Frigulietti was introduced. She starts in July
The recording runs 1 and 35 minutes. Let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on June 21, 2023.
The agenda doc can also be found on the Town of Franklin page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif10036/f/agendas/town_council_agenda_-_june_21_2023.pdf
My notes in one PDF file ->
The meeting video -> https://www.youtube.com/live/P6oDVqj_xqI
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"