This session of the radio show shares my recorded conversation with Franklin School Committee member Dave Callaghan. We had our conversation in person in the Franklin TV Studio on Friday, August 4, 2023.
Our primary topic was a recap of the Joint Budget Subcommittee meeting held earlier on Wednesday, Aug 2. We also spent time on the forthcoming Aug 16 Town Council meeting which will provide a historical update on Franklin’s override results. Importantly, there will also be a presentation and discussion on the do’s/don’t for town employees, and others on conducting a campaign abiding by the rules and regulations of campaign finance.
The recording runs about 35 minutes so let’s listen to my “chalkboard chat” with Dave Callaghan.
School Committee page => https://www.franklinps.net/district/school-committee
School budget -> https://www.franklinps.net/fy24budget
Joint Budget Subcommittee meeting August 2, 2023
Recap & video ->
Recap & audio ->
Town Council budget hearings (video & audio links)
- May 24 & 25 (budget hearings) - recap & audio links -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/05/audio-recordings-for-1st-of-2-budget.html https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/05/town-council-approves-fy-24-budget_01384873643.html
- recap & video links -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/05/town-council-approves-fy-24-budget.html
Finance Committee budget hearings (video & audio links)
- May 11 - (FY 2024 budget hearing) public safety (police, fire, dispatch) -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/05/finance-cmte-completes-fy-2024-budget.html
- May 10 - (FY 2024 budget hearing) schools (FPS, Tri-County, Norfolk Aggie) recap, audio & video links -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/05/finance-committee-budget-hearing-2-gets.html
- May 8 - (FY 2024 budget hearing) general government and DPW (enterprise accounts (sewer, water, solid waste & stormwater) - recap, audio & video links -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/05/fincom-gets-fy-2024-summary-from-town.html
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"