This session of the radio show shares the Master Plan Update Committee meeting held on Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
- The Master Plan Update Committee met in the 3rd floor Training Room/ RM 326
- Discussion on branding efforts complicated by heavy web presence of Franklin Tennessee and wanting to avoid confusion with them
- Will have booth at Harvest Festival, discussion on logo, branding desire to have something ready to handout or engagement with community at booth
- Proceeding with "Form Franklin's Future"
- Recommendations from multiple members to obtain input in map based form, for multiple good reasons to help visualize and work with qualitatively, if not quantitatively
- extended discussion on survey and use of an incentive to increase participation, action to run this by the Town Attny for 2 answers, one if the committee could do so (per meeting likely not); alternatively, might another non-town org (i.e. Dean College) run the survey (and include incentive) to enable the data to be used by the committee. Amy to get answers
- Amy to create spreadsheet for committee members to use to add orgs and other contact points for outreach effort
- The 2020 update to the Master Plan is the one to use for status of which of the prior plans objectives and actions items were completed or not. Ginelle has marked up the spreadsheet with color coding on completion status and will share to the drive from other members to work with
- Meeting adjourns
Listen to the recording of the Master Plan Update Cmte meeting held on August 23, 2023. The meeting runs about 2 hours.
The agenda doc is rich with links to the prior master plan and associated materials
The Master Plan update Committee page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/master-plan-update-committee
My notes captured during the meeting can be found in one PDF file ->
The meeting video is available for replay ->
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"