FM #677 - FHS Athletic Director Tom Angelo & All about FHS sports - 12/09/21
This session of the radio show shares my conversation with Franklin High School Athletic Director Tom Angelo. We had our conversation in person at FHS. The office was mostly quiet although you’ll catch the bell to change classes during our session.
We talk about:
- How Tom got to FHS in 2016
- Program insights including the development of the Unified teams
- Credit goes to the coaches, the student athletes, and the community
- Shout outs to HockomockSports.com and Franklin TV for coverage of the sports
- Special shout outs to Trainer Jen (Jen Edmunds) and Athletics Secretary Susan Jacobson
- Retirement at end of school year and how Tom will keep busy
Links to the key references are included in the show notes. The recording runs about 47 minutes, so let’s listen to my conversation with Tom Angelo
FHS Athletics link -> https://www.franklinps.net/franklin-high-school/athletics-department
FHS Athletics Twitter account -> https://twitter.com/FHSSports
FHS sports twitter listing -> https://twitter.com/i/lists/823290154886512641
HockomockSports.com web page -> https://hockomocksports.com/
Franklin TV - event streaming -> https://franklintv.vod.castus.tv/vod/?nav=live%2Fch2
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"