This session of the radio show shares my conversation with three members of the Franklin, MA Community Preservation Committee. We recorded this via the Zoom conference bridge Dec 20, 2021.
We talk about the public hearings scheduled for Jan 4 and Jan 18, 2022. The two public hearings will start the process for the Committee to build the project listing and possible allocation of the Community Preservation Act funds that will be available in Nov/Dec 2022. We don’t need to spend the money all at once but these public hearings start the process on how we should spend the money.
The recording runs about 23 minutes, so let’s listen to this discussion of Franklin’s Community Preservation Act funding process just getting started.
The committee legal notice can be found -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/2021-12-20_cpc_legal_ad_.pdf
The public hearing dates are:
1. January 4, 2022 at 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers in the Municipal Building at 355 East Central Street Agenda = https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/2022-01-04_cpc_agenda_-_hearing_1.pdf
2. January 18, 2022 at 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers in the Municipal Building at 355 East Central Street Agenda = https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/2022-01-18_cpc_agenda_-_hearing_2.pdf
The Online application can be found at this link https://franklinma.viewpointcloud.com/categories/1097
Additional information regarding the CPC & CPA can be found at the following links:
- Community Preservation Coalition -> https://www.communitypreservation.org/about
- MA State Legislator - Community Preservation -> https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleVII/Chapter44B
- Secretary of State Page - Accepting the CPA -> https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elecpa/cpaidx.htm
Please bookmark the Franklin CPC website: https://www.franklinma.gov/community-preservation-committee
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"