This shares my conversation with Town Council Chair Tom Mercer. This is one of a series of conversations meant to provide a recap of the prior Council meeting. Akin to one of the many sports post-game analysis broadcasts we are familiar with in New England, this would be a discussion focused on the Franklin Town Council meeting of January 5, 2022:
- ok, what just happened?
- What does it mean for Franklin residents and taxpayers?
We cover the following key topics
- Recognition of Franklin Library Association
- Town Council Goals Session 2022-2023
- SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS
- Economic Development Subcommittee
- Legislation for action
- A gift acceptance
- Approval of a prior year invoice
- Executive Session, and recusal
The recording runs about 22 minutes:
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes.
Let’s listen to this recording of Town Council Quarterbacking Jan 6, 2022
Town Council Agenda document -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/town_council_mtg_agenda_-_jan_5_2022_0.pdf
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"