This shares my conversation with Town Council Chair Tom Mercer. This is one of a series of conversations meant to provide a recap of the prior Council meeting. Akin to one of the many sports post-game analysis broadcasts we are familiar with in New England, this would be a discussion focused on the Franklin Town Council meeting of February 2, 2022:
- ok, what just happened?
- What does it mean for Franklin residents and taxpayers?
We cover the following key topics
- a. Proclamation: Priscilla Cornetta, Friends of Franklin
- b. Recognition / Promotion: Police Department - Deputy Chief James West
- c. Recognition / Promotion: Police Department - Lieutenant Eric Zimmerman
- d. Recognition / Promotion: Police Department - Sergeant Michael Colecchi
a. Old South Church - Mike D’Angelo, Director of Public Facilities
i. Old South Church Existing Conditions Report and Peer Review Study. September 2020. https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/20-0930_sfmh_existing_conditions_report_issued_2.pdf
10. LEGISLATION FOR ACTION
- a. Resolution 22-07: Creation of the Joint Budget Subcommittee
- b. Resolution 22-08: Adoption of Revisions to the Procedures Manual of the Franklin Town Council
- e. Resolution 22-11: Acceptance of Private Road Covenant With Owner-Developer of Smits Estates, A Two-Lot Subdivision
- f. Resolution 22-12: Order of Layout, Acceptance and Taking of Brandywine Road and a Portion of Charles Drive and Drainage and Utility Easements: Referral to the Planning Board
The recording runs about 38 minutes:
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes.
Let’s listen to this recording of Town Council Quarterbacking Feb 2, 2022
Town Council Agenda document ->
My notes for the meeting ->
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"