FM #726 - School Committee Meeting - 02/08/22 - P1 of 3
This session of the radio show shares part of the Franklin, MA School Committee meeting held on Tuesday, February 8, 2022.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: all of the School Committee members were in the Council Chambers along with some of the public, some members the public and school personnel participated via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
I’ve split the three hour meeting into three (3) logical segments:
- First - covers the opening, citizens comments, and Superintendent’s Report (~35 mins)
- Second - covers the update on diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts around the district including the Q&A and commentary (~1 hour 53 minutes)
- Third - covers the Discussion action items, Discussion only items, Consent agenda, and then the SchCom votes to enter Executive Session, not to return to open meeting. (~ 32 minutes)
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes. The link to my notes taken during the meeting is also provided.
Let’s listen to this segment of the School Committee meeting Feb 8, 2022
Agenda doc can be found ->
School Committee Meeting packet folder ->
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion presentation doc ->
My notes captured during the meeting
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"