FM #791 - Finance Cmte - FY 2023 Budget Hearing #1 - 05/09/22
This session of the radio show shares the Finance Committee budget hearing #1 for the FY 2023 Town of Franklin budget held on Monday, May 9, 2022.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: 8 members of the Finance Committee were in the Council Chambers along with some of the public, 1 member was remote along with some members the public via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
- Chair Bill Dowd opens the Finance Committee, 9 members participating (1 remote, hence roll call votes req'd). This is the first of three sessions on the FY 2023 budget
- The FinCom heard the proposal for the second pass on the FY 22 capital plan, and moved to approve as put forward to recommend to the Town Council. Vote was 9-0 via roll call
- Town Administrator Jamie Hellen provides a brief overview of the revenue summary, referring to the budget narrative to be read for additional details.
- Each department item for the General Government was reviewed, some were straight forward, some had minor increases or adjustments. For example, three of the permitting staff were previously in one budget and now allocated out to the individual departments so those adjustments appeared.
The recording runs about an hour and twenty minutes, so let’s listen to the Finance Committee meeting May 9, 2022.
Meeting agenda => https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/_2022-05-09_finance_committee_agenda_1.pdf
Link to Finance Committee => https://www.franklinma.gov/finance-committee
My notes for the meeting => https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ZEDkgsyqARABbLEuDz0RoYIOIAHPFYh/view?usp=sharing
YouTube recording => https://youtu.be/iXCn6jBND1U
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"