FM #797 - MetroWest Arts & Culture Symposium: Intro Remarks & Keynote - 05/14/22
This session of the radio show shares the MetroWest Arts & Culture Symposium Introductory Remarks and Keynote held on Saturday, May 14, 2022.
Kaye Kelly, Chair of the Franklin Cultural Council opens the session. A string quartet of FHS students plays a piece before going off to their MICCA competition.
- Kaye begins her remarks at approx. 10 minutes
- Kaye introduces Town Administrator Jamie Hellen at approx. 17 minutes
- Jamie in turn introduces Roberta Trahan and Pandora Carlucci at approx. 22 minutes
- Kaye returns to the podium to introduce Michael Bobbitt, Executive Director of the Mass Cultural Council at approx. 27 minutes
- Michael speaks and then opens for questions from the audience at approx. 47 minutes
- Kaye returns to the podium to thank Michael at approx. 1 hour 9 minutes.
The four break out sessions start approx. 15 minutes later each of which run for about 45 minutes, take a 15 minute break and then repeat with a different audience. After the second session, a networking lunch closes out the day.
When the Franklin TV video recording of the full event is available, we’ll update and let folks know.
The full recording runs about an hour and eighteen minutes, so let’s listen to the introductory remarks, and then the Keynote for the MetroWest Art & Culture Symposium.
Symposium speakers and schedule
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"