This session of the radio show is part 1 of the 2 part audio recording of the Franklin, MA Town Council FY 2023 Budget Hearing #1 conducted on Wednesday, May 25, 2022. All nine members of the committee were present.
The full 4 hour plus meeting is split into two approximately equal segments. In budget line item order, the Schools start the second section.
*** The first segment of the meeting runs 1 hour 57 minutes
The second segment of the meeting runs 2 hours and 10 minutes
a. FY23 Town Council Annual Operating Budget Hearing
ii. FY23 Town Administrator Budget Message (per Town Charter Section 6-4-1) https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/2022-04-20_fy_2023_budget_message_narrative_working_document_5.pdf
iii. Appendix A1 - Town Administrator Recommended Budget Voting Document & Budget Book (per Town Charter prevision 6-5-1 and 6-5-2) https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/appendix_a_town_of_franklin_budget_book_fy23_2.pdf
iv. Appendix B1 - Franklin School Committee Recommended FY22 Budget Executive
- Appendix C1 - Historic Data: Budget Breakdown
- Appendix C2 - Historic Data: Operating Revenue
- Appendix C3 - Historic Data: Fixed Cost
- Appendix C4 - Historic Data: Local Aid
- Appendix C5 - Historic Data: Local Receipts
- Appendix C6 - Historic Data: Assessments
- Appendix C7 - Historic Data: New Growth
- Appendix C8 - Historic Data: Free Cash Balances
- Appendix C9 - Historic Data: FC & RE
- Appendix D1 - Stormwater Brochure and Summary
- Appendix D2 - DPW Director Brutus Cantoreggi Stormwater Ad-Hoc Committee presentation
- Appendix E - COVID-19 Federal Stimulus Update
My notes via Twitter -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO1kizDh3Wy_Kz6TuC0VBrDyENJVwsN_/view?usp=sharing
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"