This session of the radio show shares the audio recording of the Economic Development Subcommittee meeting held on Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 in the Council Chambers.
“Franklin For All” Steering Committee
Chair Melanie Hamblen, Glenn Jones, Cobi Frongillo, Pat Sheridan
Greg Rondeau, Beth Wierling, and Bruce Hunchard
Franklin For All portion
- Full steering committee reviewed the priority listing and time line developed by Planning and Community Development Dept after the steering committee had set the priorities for the Franklin For All recommendations during their August meeting
- Much of the discussion was around clarification on what was included, what was not, and why
Parking bylaw proposal portion of meeting
- Just the Council members remainder on the dias for the longer section of the meeting around the parking proposals (B Wierling did move to the audience and ended upon commenting on the proposal as a resident)
- There was much discussion and input from community and business members on aspects of the proposal
- The subcommittee voted to move the recommendations forward to the Council with a variety of votes. At first they attempted to move all forward, by a 4-0 vote. When they were advised it was complete, a more refined set of votes on aspects of the proposals results in 3-1 votes (Hamblen, Frongillo, Sheridan for; Jones against). Another motion for an amendment (for residential parking) by Sheridan did not get a second so it died there. One of the proposed amendments (from Frongillo) was to expand the role of the Town Administrator to set more than just the rates. This was objected to (by Jones) and the resulting discussion did not result in a vote
- The proposals will come before the Council at one of the October meetings
The recording of the meeting runs about 2 hours and 15 minutes
Meeting agenda doc ->
Franklin TV YouTube video -> https://youtu.be/0juF7Nd2ngk
My notes taken via Twitter and captured in one PDF can be found here:
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"