This session of the radio show shares my first recorded conversation with Franklin School Superintendent Lucas Giguere. We had our conversation in person at a Central Office conference room in the Municipal Building on Thursday, November 17, 2022.
At a high level our topics were:
- 5 months in, how are you doing?
- Student behavior, reaching out to parents & community for help
- Vaping, substance use
- Social media and critical conversations
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) deep dive and overall program
- Redistricting approach and process has started
The recording runs about 39 minutes
Superintendent’s page -> https://www.franklinps.net/district/superintendent
Superintendent’s letter to parents & community -> https://www.franklinps.net/sites/g/files/vyhlif4431/f/uploads/10_25_22_supt_report_to_sc.pdf
Critical conversations videos ->
- Substance use and Mental Health Forum - https://youtu.be/3CIOXT3BlMU
- Social media - https://youtu.be/vhhfGFJkXPI
DEI page (with link to plans, etc.) -> https://www.franklinps.net/district/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
Redistricting page -> https://www.franklinps.net/school-committee/2023-redistricting-advisory-committee
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"