This session of the radio show shares the combined Town Council Quarterbacking session with our "Talk Franklin" conversation. I am grateful for the alignment of the schedules to have Town Council Chair Tom Mercer along with Town Administrator Jamie Hellen and Asst Administrator Alecia Alleyne. We conducted our conversation via conference bridge.
Topics for this session
PROCLAMATIONS / RECOGNITIONS
- Becki Carloni - Franklin Fire Department
PRESENTATIONS / DISCUSSION
- Presentation: Recreation Department, Ryan Jette, Director of Recreation
- Discussion: Davis-Thayer Reuse Committee
LEGISLATION FOR ACTION
- raise to minimum wage &
- Increase in opportunity for veterans to take advantage
- If a disabled veteran, can have a family member do the work for the benefit
- budget adjustment prior to tax rate hearing
TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
- Franklin Open Space and Recreation Plan Process
Town Council teasers
- Tax hearing coming Nov 30
- Old South Meeting House
- Annual license renewals
The conversation runs about 45 minutes. Let’s listen to my conversation with Tom, Jamie, and Alecia
Town Administrator page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/administrator
Town Council page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/town-council
Nov 16, 2022 agenda ->
Nov 30, 2022 agenda ->
And the Doug Flutie anniversary was indeed on Nov 23, 1984 (the day after we recorded this session) https://www.boston.com/sports/college-sports/2019/11/22/doug-flutie-hail-mary-miracle-in-miami/
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"