This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, January 4, 2023. All 9 members of the Council were present in the Council Chambers.
- Franklin Panthers 4th grade football team recognized for winning the State Championship
- Video and info shared on the 2 National Register Historic Districts in Franklin that was prepared by Vicki Earls, Franklin Public Library
- Town Council Goals Update in the middle of this two year term was provided by Jamie Hellen, Town Administrator
- Renewal of Municipal agreement with Tri-County for school resource officer
- Ratification of 3 contract adjustments with Police (2) and Fire (1)
- Authorize formation of four committees
- Arts & Culture
- Master Plan
- Police Station
- Davis Thayer reuse
The recording runs just over 2 hours. Let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on January 4, 2023.
Meeting agenda and documents released for this session ->
The National Register Historic Districts presentation -> https://youtu.be/KdGHozDRa1E
Watch the Franklin.TV video replay on YouTube -> https://youtu.be/N-WomocGBlc
My notes in one threaded PDF document -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iIH7JAlnlgN69HDkUYIS-3U44pUSUW15/view?usp=share_link
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"