This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, February 1, 2023. All 9 members of the Council were present in the Council Chambers.
- New firefighter/paramedic Kristin Krauss was sworn in. William Blanchard, was sworn in for his promotion to EMS Battalion Chief
- The 'plus one' all alcohol license request approved in October to send to the Legislature did get the home rule petition passed and came back for Council approval. Confusion around a public hearing and several objections from neighbors and nearby business swayed only one Councilor as the measure passed 8-1
- Tri-county Regional Voc Tec representatives told the community of the plans underway to build a new school which will require an override vote likely in October. Numbers are still being worked to get to a potential MSBA approval in August and then the vote in October. Stay tuned - from the MSBA decision date, Tri-County has 120 days to get a vote by the regional communities.
- The Council authorized the purchase of a new Tower truck for the Fire Dept. The loan won't start until the truck arrives which could be 2-3 years from now. Due to that timing, it was urgent to get the order in now to avoid further costs, and to ensure we have support for the existing unit, which is a critical piece of equipment for the Departments emergency response
The recording runs 2 and 38 minutes. Let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on February 1, 2023.
The full agenda can be found -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/feb_1_2023_town_council_agenda.pdf
The Franklin TV video is available for replay -> https://www.youtube.com/live/-AQpq8GSvi4?feature=share
My notes taken during the meeting can be found -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MLzZ-p3wLBMFVmnHUHuxzl3xdT0jWQO6/view?usp=share_link
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"