This session of the radio show shares the Franklin Public Schools Redistricting Advisory Committee Meeting held in hybrid format with folks at the FHS Media Center on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 as well as some members who participated remotely.
Given this was a working session, the major whole group sections of the meeting audio is what is shared here. There is one break in the audio when The breakout discussion was held at each table. The audio for the table sessions is replaced by a brief music interlude.
- Review of the objectives and timeline
- Presentation on 3 options depicted in a new “storymap”
- Feedback discussed at each table and to be collected via survey form for the committee
- Next steps - public forums scheduled for Mar 7 and Mar 13 with survey form to collect feedback. Both sessions will present same material; one in person, one via remote
- Next advisory meeting Mar 21 to prepare for School Committee presentation scheduled for Apr 25 and School Committee vote scheduled for May 9
The edited meeting audio recording runs about 72 minutes. Let’s listen to whole group discussion position of Redistricting Advisory Committee Meeting of Feb 7
Agenda doc for Feb 7, 2023 meeting
Redistricting Advisory Committee page ->
My notes in one Twitter threader document
The photo album shared via Twitter of the pix taken of the meeting and presentation slides https://photos.app.goo.gl/v5bVgM8RrhD2bejP6
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"