This session of the radio show shares the Franklin Public Schools Redistricting Forum conducted in person at the FHS Media Center on Tuesday, March 7, 2023. This is the first of 2 forums for public input, this being in person, the next (scheduled for March 13) will be a virtual meeting. The same material is to be presented at both meetings.
- Review of the objectives and timeline
- Presentation on 3 options depicted in a new “storymap”
- Feedback solicited from the less than 20 participants, mostly clarification questions around the choices and rationale for such
- Survey form to collect feedback distributed as the meeting closed. If the survey doesn’t provide enough room for your input use the redistricting email to submit that email@example.com
- Next steps -
- Second public forum scheduled for Mar 13 with same material
- Next advisory meeting Mar 21 to prepare for School Committee presentation
- School Committee presentation scheduled for Apr 25
- School Committee vote scheduled for May 9
The meeting audio recording runs about 89 minutes. Let’s listen to Redistricting Forum held at FHS on March 7, 2023
Agenda doc for Mar 7, 2023 meeting ->
Storymap with the three options ->
Redistricting Advisory Committee page ->
My notes in one Twitter threader document
The photo album shared via Twitter of the pix taken of the meeting and presentation slides https://photos.app.goo.gl/VbZgf8aFb41P9F9B6
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"