This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, April 12, 2023. 8 members of the Council were present in the Council Chambers (D Pellegri - absent unable and to participate).
- License ownership changes for the alcohol license at The Curry House were approved
- Health Director Cathleen Liberty provides insights on the Metacomet Health Alliance and the benefits to Franklin
- The inclusionary zoning proposal back from the Planning Board review was moved to a second reading, one step closer to approval
- The 3-part package of zoning changes for accessory dwelling units was moved forward from the EDC Plus recommendation with a contentious somewhat modification to refer to the Planning Board for their review. It will come back to the Town Council for their review and potential approval vote sometime in the near future
- FY 2024 budget should be ready for review by Friday, with the Finance Committee and Town Council hears set for May
The recording runs 2 and 40 minutes. Let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on April 12, 2023.
The agenda doc can also be found on the Town of Franklin page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/town_council_agenda_-_april_12_2023.pdf
Metacomet Health Alliance presentation -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/8a._presentation_metacomet_2.pptx.pdf
My notes in one PDF file -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OcCY239kVmLdAiMS2FFZSMQyS7JWcCoZ/view?usp=share_link
My quick notes and the meeting video -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/04/town-council-moves-inclusionary-zoning.html
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"