This shares my conversation with Town Council Chair Tom Mercer in our Town Council Quarterbacking session. This is one of the series of conversations meant to provide a recap of the prior night’s Town Council meeting.
Akin to one of the many sports post-game analysis broadcasts we are familiar with in New England, this would be a discussion focused on the Franklin Town Council meeting of Apr 26, 2023:
- ok, what just happened?
- What does it mean for Franklin residents and taxpayers?
We cover the following key topics
2 license transactions
• Transfer of Section 15 Wine and Malt Beverages Package Store License and Approval of Parth Patel as the Manager - Marlboro Food, Inc. d/b/a 7-Eleven, Located at 664 Union St. https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/7a._1_license_transaction_-_7-eleven_transfer_of_section_15.pdf
• Robert Vozzella / La Cantina Winery - Farmer-Winery, Farmer’s Market License https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/7b._license_transaction_-_la_cantina.pdf
1 piece of legislation
• Resolution 23-28: Town Council Approval of County ARPA Funds (Motion to Approve Resolution 23-28 - Majority Vote) https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/9a._23-28_arpa_700k.pdf
PRESENTATIONS / DISCUSSION
a. Discussion: Open Space & Recreation Plan Update - Breeka Li Goodlander, Conservation Agent and Natural Resources Manager https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/8a._1_-_memo_-_osrp_presentation_.pdf
b. Discussion: Display of Flags on Town Flagpoles or Property https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/8b._flags_0.pdf
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes.
Our conversation runs about 32 minutes. Let’s listen to the Town Council Quarterbacking session recorded Apr 27, 2023
The agenda doc can also be found on the Town of Franklin page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/town_council_agenda_-_april_26_2023_0.pdf
My notes in one PDF file -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a-fQYmqnEnma1RPjufiBjVjft3nJ5-GW/view?usp=share_link
Franklin TV meeting video -> https://www.youtube.com/live/VTsQ6p7Pc_w?feature=share
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"