This session of the radio show shares the Franklin, MA School Committee meeting held on Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: all of the School Committee members, school district personnel along with some of the public in the Council Chambers. Some members of the public participated via Zoom conference bridge.
- The School Committee met on Tuesday night at their regular meeting. They heard an update from the Keller Elementary School, an update on the District Improvement Plan, and voted 6-1 on an amendment to the original motion, to effectively do nothing for redistricting.
- The 6 votes all talked of the need for the master facility plan, but although that was included in the original proposal before them, the minor adjustment now was passed on in favor of doing nothing.
- The entered Executive Session and did return to approve a contract reached with ESP/LPN bargaining unit before closing out the full meeting
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes. The link to my notes taken during the meeting is also provided.
Let’s listen to the School Committee meeting of May 9, 2023
Keller presentation document
District Improvement Plan update -> https://www.franklinps.net/sites/g/files/vyhlif4431/f/uploads/sc_5_9_23_strategic_objective_1_-1.pdf
Redistricting Analysis Report
Packet folder contains the documents released for this meeting
Franklin TV video replay -> https://www.youtube.com/live/W-9CbY5MeDY?feature=share
My notes captured during the meeting (in one PDF file)
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"