This session of the radio show shares the Tri-County RVTHS Community Update #4 held on Thursday, June 15, 2023.
Tri-County Superintendent Karen Maguire opens the session and introduces each of the speakers. My brief recap is as follows:
- The current school is 'broken', per the MSBA process the building did evaluate options to renovate, renovate & create an addition, or rebuild. The rebuild option was selected as the most viable
- The cost today is shown as 284M
- Oct 24, 2023 is scheduled date for approval of the Tri-County school replacement project approval assuming that MSBA decides on a final cost during August
- When MSBA does approve the final cost, they should also provide the reimbursement expected, hence the bottom line for the district to pay
- Additional details will be provided after MSBA makes their decision
- After the October vote to approve the project, additional details for the cost per community can be developed
- It is likely that the first payments wouldn’t be due until FY 2026 or FY 2027
- The October vote will be conducted across the 11 communities at the same time, from 12 PM to 8 PM. The vote will be counted in aggregate and a 50% +1 is required for passage
The slides shown during the meeting video are expected to be posted to the Tri-County page on Friday. Once the link is found, it will be added here. In the meantime, I did capture photos of the slides and speakers. Those can be found in one album -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wx3ST2CPAogW5cfV6
Franklin TV did a live broadcast of the meeting from Tri-County and it is available for replay via YouTube -> https://www.youtube.com/live/7SYEYsoyaAU
Learn more about the project here:
Shared from -> https://t.co/aeo82I1eow
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"