This session of the radio show shares the Economic Development Subcommittee meeting held on Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
Chair: M Hamblen, C Frongillo, P Sheridan, G Jones
Town Administration: J Hellen, B Taberner
- Brief discussion around the proposal to change the zoning of 2 lots on King St near Fire Station 2 from residential to business.
- A few questions to clarify the matter considering the process and kind of business operation to be allowed were asked. These are more likely to be better understood/considered during the formal hearing process assuming the measure continues to get referred by the Town Council to the Planning Board. The Planning Board will review and make their recommendation back to the Council which in turn holds their own public hearings before voting on it.
- One of the nuances on the timeline, by starting now, it could get completed (i.e. a final decision by the Council) before the November election, at which point if it was still in limbo, it would need to start all over.
- The measure was approved by 4-0 to bring to the Town Council at the next meeting (Sep 6).
The recording runs about 18 minutes, so let’s listen to the Economic Development Subcmte discussion on Aug 23, 2023.
You may access the agenda for this meeting here: https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif10036/f/agendas/edc_agenda_aug_23_2023.pdf
My notes captured via Twitter during the meeting can be found in one PDF -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eVFLdGt46ZwOiBLGURB-X6aeax6QRdU3/view?usp=drive_link
Franklin TV video replay -> https://www.youtube.com/live/oqw7ereD3uI
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"