This session of the radio show shares my conversation with Franklin Public Schools Superintendent Sara Ahern. We had our conversation via conference bridge to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
We talk about
- FY 2023 budget overall/timeline
- Multiple central office and district positions open, hiring in process
- Equity audit - report due approx. May 2022
- Critical conversations - March 24 (will update to include the link to recording when available)
- DECA, cheerleaders, winter sports performance overall, spring starting practices
The recording runs about 39 minutes, so let’s listen to my conversation with Sara
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs to be college and career ready
School budget info FY 2023 (and prior available) https://www.franklinps.net/district/school-district-budget
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"