This session of the radio show shares the Special School Committee - Superintendent Deliberation meeting held Tuesday, April 26, 2022.
There is only one item on the agenda: Deliberation on the candidate of Superintendent of Schools - Assistant Superintendent Lucas Giguere
- The Special School Committee meeting held on Tuesday, Apr 26 at 6 PM resulted in a new School Superintendent, current asst Superintendent Lucas Giguere was approved b y a 7-0 roll call vote
- Chair Denise Spencer opened the meeting with a review of the process to date. Each member of the committee commented on the development of their decision before the vote to approve. After a brief 5 minute recess during which Chair Spencer confirmed the offer and acceptance by L Giguere, she asked for volunteers for the contract negotiation subcommittee to be formed and begin work immediately
- Meeting adjourned with a 7-0 roll call vote. Two members were remote for this and the regular meeting hence the roll call voting for all decisions (Stokes, Whitmore)
- The meeting recording runs about 22 minutes (excluding the ~5 min recess time)
My notes (for the portion of the meeting I was able to attend, effectively the first 7 questions) -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2022/04/recap-school-committee-decides-on-new.html
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"