FM #785 - School Committee Mtg - 04/26/22
This session of the radio show shares the regular School Committee meeting held Tuesday, April 26, 2022.
- Given the new agenda format, and that the Superintendent deliberation discussion had been conducted in the special meeting held prior to the regular session, the meeting was short and to the point.
- Superintendent Ahern provided multiple updates (superintendent’s report not yet posted to packet folder as this is published)
- Recognition of FHS students for project placements at regional science fair. A future consideration would be to conduct a science fair at FHS (which apparently has not been done before). The two projects showcased were awesome.
- The School Committee entered executive session to continue work on their contract negotiations.
The meeting opened at 7 PM and ran approx. 43 minutes.
Agenda doc (includes remote connection info)
Science fair presentation -> https://www.franklinps.net/sites/g/files/vyhlif4431/f/uploads/school_committee_presentation.pdf
Meeting packet folder
My notes -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xGSGx5CcwdxJ69doB39DUXtnGWmUXEth/view?usp=sharing
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"