FM #794 - School Committee Mtg - 05/10/22
This session of the radio show shares the regular School Committee meeting held Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
6 members were present in Council Chambers (1 absent)
- FHS student updates, Superintendent report highlight a number of events and accomplishments around the district (Superintendent report usually posted day after meeting but last couple are missing)
- FHS Unified basketball team appeared in Council Chambers. They will represent MA in the Special Olympics this summer. A special recognition for a program that has made great strides through the years and around the district
- Presentation and discussion on “Approaches to Student Behavior” a highly interesting and engaged conversation. Very impressive approach, note that it does take time (i.e. people power) to implement and manage.
- The School Committee entered executive session to continue work on their contract negotiations.
The meeting opened at 7 PM and ran approx. 2 hours 30 minutes.
Agenda doc ->
Meeting packet folder (with other docs released for this session)
My notes -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lLY9SCDvKusqfRV30SQjNiLx3I2WSoBN/view?usp=sharing
Franklin TV Video link -> https://youtu.be/JcjrcaHzf90
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"