This session of the radio show shares the regular School Committee meeting held Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
6 members were present in Council Chambers (1 absent)
- FHS student updates, Superintendent report highlight a number of events and accomplishments around the district (Superintendent report usually posted day after meeting but last couple are missing)
- FHS Unified basketball team appeared in Council Chambers. They will represent MA in the Special Olympics this summer. A special recognition for a program that has made great strides through the years and around the district
- Presentation and discussion on “Approaches to Student Behavior” a highly interesting and engaged conversation. Very impressive approach, note that it does take time (i.e. people power) to implement and manage.
- The School Committee entered executive session to continue work on their contract negotiations.
The meeting opened at 7 PM and ran approx. 2 hours 30 minutes.
Agenda doc ->
Meeting packet folder (with other docs released for this session)
Franklin TV Video link -> https://youtu.be/JcjrcaHzf90
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"