This session of the radio show shares the Finance Committee budget hearing #2 for the FY 2023 Town of Franklin budget held on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: 7 members of the Finance Committee were in the Council Chambers along with some of the public, 1 member was announced as expecting to join via remote along with some members the public via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
- Chair Bill Dowd opens the Finance Committee, 7 members participating. This is the second of three sessions on the FY 2023 budget
- This session covered public safety: police, fire, and dispatch as well as public works; the DPW divisions and the enterprise accounts for water, sewer, and solid waste
- Each department was reviewed, some were straight forward, some had minor increases or adjustments. For example, 2 positions previously cut in last year's budget were restored in this year's budget for the DPW
The recording runs about an hour and forty minutes, so let’s listen to the Finance Committee meeting May 11, 2022.
FY 2023 budget package => https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/webforms/fy-23-budget-materials
Link to Finance Committee => https://www.franklinma.gov/finance-committee
My notes for the meeting => https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SERBrhfi0U1eOLfFR6GWHkcl07UiazpH/view?usp=sharing
YouTube recording => https://youtu.be/zqiyIdFy8ik
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"