This session of the radio show shares the Town Council Quarterbacking session with Chair Tom Mercer on Thursday morning, September 1, 2022. The Town Council meeting was held on Wednesday, August 17. Our combined schedules delayed us getting together for this the only Town Council meeting in August.
- ok, what just happened?
- What does it mean for Franklin residents and taxpayers?
We cover the following agenda items
- a. Cultural Council - Brianna Cummings
- b. Cultural Council - Lauren Sanford
- c. Design Review - Cassandra Bethoney
- d. Design Review - Paul Lopez
- e. Finance Committee - Stephanie Koke
- f. Historical Commission - Scott Mason
- g. Historical Commission - Janice Prentice
- h. Historical Commission - William Lee - Associate
- i. Housing Authority Tenant Seat - Christopher Lennon
7. LICENSE TRANSACTIONS
a. Transfer of Section 12 Restaurant Common Victualer All Alcohol License and Approval of Arthur Tgibedes as the Manager - ACT Hospitality, Inc. d/b/a Box Seats, Located at 391 East Central Street
8. PRESENTATIONS / DISCUSSION
a. Discussion: Franklin Cultural Council - Kaye Kelly, Chair, Franklin Cultural Council https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/8b._fcc_presentation.pdf
b. Presentation: Green Community Status - Jamie Hellen, Town Administrator & Alecia Alleyne, Assistant to the Town Administrator https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/8b._green_community_presentation_0.pdf
9. LEGISLATION FOR ACTION
a. Bylaw Amendment 22-881: Chapter 7 Affordable Housing Trust Fund: Add Vice Chair and Clerk Positions, 2nd Reading (Motion to Approve Bylaw Amendment 22-881 - Majority Roll Call Vote)
b. Bylaw Amendment 22-882: Chapter 4 Admin. of Govt.: Authorize Town Clerk to Make Format Changes, 2nd Reading (Motion to Approve Bylaw Amendment 22-882 - Majority Roll Call Vote)
c. Bylaw Amendment 22-883: Amendment to Water System Map, 1st reading (Motion to Move Bylaw Amendment 22-883 to Second Reading - Majority Vote)
The conversation runs about 34 minutes. Let’s listen to my conversation with Tom.
Meeting agenda =>
YouTube video of meeting -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqNx065s430
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"