FM #874 - Town Council Quarterbacking with Tom Mercer - 11/03/22
This shares my conversation with Town Council Chair Tom Mercer. This is one of a series of conversations meant to provide a recap of the prior Council meeting. Akin to one of the many sports post-game analysis broadcasts we are familiar with in New England, this would be a discussion focused on the Franklin Town Council meeting of Nov 2, 2022:
- ok, what just happened?
- What does it mean for Franklin residents and taxpayers?
We cover the following key topics
- Election Of Officers
- License Transactions
- 3 Restaurant change of Manager
- Table & Vine change of manager
- Table & Vine transfer of license and change of address
- National Register Historic Districts In Franklin (rescheduled)
- Lead Service Line Inventory
- Gift Acceptance - Veterans’ Services Dept. ($1,845), Fire Dept. ($486)
Our conversation runs about 25 minutes:
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes.
Let’s listen to this session of Town Council Quarterbacking recorded Oct 27, 2022
The agenda and documents for this session can be found ->
Watch the Franklin.TV video replay on YouTube -> https://youtu.be/CqUQ6OxjMj4
My notes in one threaded PDF document
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"