FM #909 - Town of Franklin - Board Of Health Mtg - 01/04/23
This session of the radio show shares the Town of Franklin Board of Health Meeting held on Wednesday, January 4, 2023. All three board members participated, 2 in room, 1 remote (hence roll call votes). Health Dept staff present were in the 3rd floor training room.
- Public hearing on proposed reflexology regulations held as scheduled, regulations approved, to be effective in 30 days to allow for posting, communications, etc.
- Reorganization of committee resulted in B Sweet remaining as Chair, and T Cochrane taking role as Vice-Chair
- Capture of food waste pilot program made another appearance on TV, is continuing to be expanded to other schools
- Inspector’s report, Nurse’s report, Epidemiologist report all touting volume and some issues but nothing major
- Homeless data gathered for report to CHANA6 region (of which we are part)
- Development of new OPIOID dashboard almost complete, updates to COVID dashboard ongoing, new Flu dashboard also nearing competition status
The meeting runs about 30 minutes. Let’s listen to the Board of Health meeting Jan 4, 2022.
The Board of Health agenda can be found ->
Reflexology regulations as proposed
My notes collected in a Twitter thread PDF ->
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"