FM #910 - School Cmte Budget Subcmte Mtg - 01/04/23
This session shares the Franklin, MA School Committee Budget Subcommittee meeting held on Wednesday, Jan 4, 2023. The meeting was conducted in the 3rd floor training room. Remote participation was enabled for this session per their agenda. As the Chair was remote, the votes were via roll call.
Chair Dave McNeill opened the meeting. School Committee member Dave Callaghan was present to start, member M Whitmore arrived at approx. 6:15. Superintendent Lucas Giguere, Business Manager Miriam Goodman, Asst Supt Paula Marano and Asst Supt Dr. Tina Rogers.
- School Capital Budget Request was previewed with a late change to possibly reduce it from $900K to about $400K
- ECDC Enrollment is increasing and a new classroom needs to be added for March to meet the new 17 students expected who are turning 3; can be covered from revolving funds for now but will require hiring a teacher and aides and be part of next budget request
- FY24 Budget Timeline no current adjustment due to new Governor and her budget which is not due until early March, will proceed with estimates based upon last year and adjust along the way as necessary
The show notes contain a link to the agenda and to my notes.
The recording runs about 44 minutes, so let’s listen to the Budget Subcommittee meeting of Jan 4, 2023.
Budget Subcommittee agenda
My notes in this ThreadReader PDF ->
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"