This shares my conversation with Town Council Chair Tom Mercer. This is one of a series of conversations meant to provide a recap of the prior Council meeting. Akin to one of the many sports post-game analysis broadcasts we are familiar with in New England, this would be a discussion focused on the Franklin Town Council meeting of Jan 18, 2023:
- ok, what just happened?
- What does it mean for Franklin residents and taxpayers?
We cover the following key topics
- Presentation on the first year at the Senior Center by Director Danielle Hopkins and Deputy Director Christina Larose; introduction of multi year plan, service enhancements, etc.
- Storm water presentation, how to find your property on the map, and calculate your fee; Then discussion on the credit booklet and process for applying; business would apply every five years, residents yearly
- Announcement of the Town Council members for the four committees authorized at the prior meeting, some of these will start right away, some later this year. The application process for residents to express interest is still forthcoming. These are the Councilors who will lead the efforts as Chair, Vice-chair and Clerk.
Ad-Hoc Arts & Culture
Davis Thayer Reuse
Police Station Building
Our conversation runs about 39 minutes:
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes.
Let’s listen to this session of Town Council Quarterbacking recorded Jan 19, 2023
Meeting agenda and documents released for this session ->
Watch the Franklin.TV video replay on YouTube -> https://youtu.be/OcZywdfQ5eA
My recap, notes, and audio -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/01/town-council-hears-updates-on-senior.html
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"