This shares my conversation with Town Council Chair Tom Mercer. This is one of a series of conversations meant to provide a recap of the prior Council meeting. Akin to one of the many sports post-game analysis broadcasts we are familiar with in New England, this would be a discussion focused on the Franklin Town Council meeting of Feb 15, 2023:
- ok, what just happened?
- What does it mean for Franklin residents and taxpayers?
We cover the following key topics
Street Acceptances: Maple Tree Lane & Oak Tree Lane
Three key items regarding money were all approved by 8-0-1 votes (8 for, none against, 1 absent (Pellegri))
• Resolution 23-18: FY23 Capital Improvement Plan
• Resolution 23-19: Free Cash to Stabilization Accounts Transfers
• Resolution 23-20: Water Retained Earnings Transfer to Water Main Capital Project R19-05
The two referrals to the Planning Board on Inclusionary Zoning were also moved forward after some clarification questions by the Councilors were answered by TA Jamie Hellen or Bryan Taberner, Director of Planning and Community Development.
• Zoning Bylaw Amendment 23-889: A Zoning Bylaw to Amend the Franklin Town Code at Chapter 185, Attachment 7., Part VI, Use Regulation Schedule: Residential Uses - Referral to the Planning Board
• Zoning Bylaw Amendment 23-890: A Zoning Bylaw to Amend the Franklin Town Code at Chapter 185, Section 5 - Referral to the Planning Board
4 podcasts in housing/zoning Franklin For All ‘series’ provide additional details
Senior Center update, café priority for opening
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes.
Our conversation runs about 35 minutes. Let’s listen to this session of Town Council Quarterbacking recorded Feb 16, 2023
The complete agenda doc -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/feb_15_2023_agenda.pdf
The Franklin TV video is available for replay -> https://www.youtube.com/live/TxINM8EMueg?feature=share
My notes and the audio of the meeting will be ready in a couple of days. In the meantime, the PDF with my Twitter thread of notes is available here
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"